Sangha is a Sanskrit word that means “spiritual community”, wherein the members engage in spiritual practices and support each other on their spiritual journeys. Members of this Sangha must be graduates of the Hidden Treasure Program The emphasis is on the spiritual dimension of our being rather than the psychological, and the teachings and discussion will focus on spirituality as it is lived in each of us. The psychological dimension of our being is part of this, but it is examined from the perspective of what the soul is trying to express or what spiritual lessons are to be learned as a result of situations occurring in one’s life.
HT Sangha gatherings take place in two locations throughout the year:
- Light on the Hill Hillside House—291 Blake Hill Rd., Van Etten
- The Quaker Meetinghouse—120 3rd St. (corner of Madison and 3rd), Ithaca
Joining the Sangha is a Commitment
HT Sangha members are expected to engage in daily meditation/prayer. Members’ daily practice, as well as attendance at retreats, will help deepen and enrich the Sangha discussions. All members of the HT Sangha are asked to commit to attend:
- Four one-day programs (9:00 a.m.—1:00 p.m.) throughout the year. The one-day programs begin with a long meditation and reading, followed by discussion on the reading or members’ spiritual lives and the challenges they face. Sangha members are asked to bring their lunches and are encouraged to eat together after the morning session. Meetings take place at Light on the Hill Hillside House.
- Ten monthly Sangha gatherings (if possible) from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Quaker Meetinghouse. Music for settling in begins at 5:15 pm. The gatherings take place on the 4th Thursday of each month. (We do not meet in November or December due to the winter holidays.) Monthly gatherings include a long meditation, reading or exercise, and discussion.
- At least one spiritual retreat during the year (of your choosing). Members are encouraged to attend the three-day Hidden Treasure graduate retreat on April 7-10, 2022. Cost TBA.
The cost for the year is $200 for the 4 Saturday and 10 Thursday meetings. This can be paid in September or over several months. The cost includes rental space for both LOH facilities including Hillside House and the Quaker Meetinghouse.
2021-2022 Sangha Calendar
Below is the calendar for the 2021 – 2022 Sangha. Click the tabs to see the calendar for each One Day Meeting and the Monthly Meditation Meetings
The One-Day meetings are held from 9:30 a.m. — 1 p.m. at Hillside House, Light on the Hill. The meeting dates for this year are:
- October 9, 2021
- December 11, 2021
- March 26, 2022
- June 18, 2022
The Thursday monthly Meditation meetings are held in Ithaca from 5:30 — 6:30 p.m. at Quaker Meeting House. Music for settling in begins at 5:15 pm.
September 23, 2021
October 28, 2021
January 27, 2022
February 24, 2022
March 24, 2022
April 28, 2022
May 26, 2022
June 23, 2022
July 28, 2022
August 25, 2022