Sangha is a Sanskrit word that means “spiritual community”, wherein the members engage in spiritual practices and support each other on their spiritual journeys. Members of this Sangha must be graduates of the Hidden Treasure Program The emphasis is on the spiritual dimension of our being rather than the psychological, and the teachings and discussion will focus on spirituality as it is lived in each of us. The psychological dimension of our being is part of this, but it is examined from the perspective of what the soul is trying to express or what spiritual lessons are to be learned as a result of situations occurring in one’s life.
HT Sangha gatherings take place in two locations throughout the year:
- Light on the Hill Hillside House—291 Blake Hill Rd., Van Etten
- The Quaker Meetinghouse—120 3rd St. (corner of Madison and 3rd), Ithaca
Joining the Sangha is a Commitment
HT Sangha members are expected to engage in daily meditation/prayer. Members’ daily practice, as well as attendance at retreats, will help deepen and enrich the Sangha discussions. All members of the HT Sangha are asked to commit to attend:
- Four one-day programs (9:30 a.m.—2:30 p.m.) throughout the year. The one-day programs begin with a long meditation and reading, followed by discussion. Sangha members will bring their lunches, eat together and afterwards share and ask questions about their spiritual lives and the challenges they face. Meetings take place at Light on the Hill Hillside House.
- Ten monthly Sangha gatherings (if possible) from 5:45-6:45 p.m. at the Quaker Meetinghouse. The gatherings take place on the 4th Thursday of each month. (We do not meet in November or December due to the winter holidays.) Monthly gatherings include a long meditation, reading or exercise, and discussion.
- At least one spiritual retreat during the year (of your choosing). Members are encouraged to attend the three-day Hidden Treasure graduate retreat in March.
The cost for the year is $200. This can be paid in September or over several months. The cost includes rental space for both Inner Light Lodge and the Quaker Meetinghouse.
2021-2022 Sangha Calendar
Below is the calendar for the 2021 – 2022 Sangha. Click the tabs to see the calendar for each One Day Meeting and the Monthly Meditation Meetings
The One-Day meetings are held from 9:30 a.m. — 2:30 p.m. at Hillside House, Light on the Hill. The remaining meeting dates for this year are:
- April 10, 2021
- June 12, 2021
The monthly Meditation meetings are usually held in Ithaca from 5:45 — 6:45 p.m. at Quaker Meeting House. This year, we are gathering on Zoom for the 4th Thursday. We also participate in a silent meditation from 5-5:30 pm the other Thursdays from our own homes. The remaining 4th Thursday meeting dates whether on Zoom or The Quaker Meeting House are:
- January 29, 2021
- February 25, 2021
- March 25, 2021
- April 22, 2021
- May 27, 2021
- June 24, 2021
- July 22, 2021